5 Things You Can Do When You Feel Hopeless
Some days, some problems, and some seasons of our life can feel hopeless. It may seem like you are never going to be happy again. You are not alone!
1. Tell yourself that it’s okay to feel this way. It’s okay to have a bad day. Accept the way you are feeling. Feelings are just indicators of what is going on in us and are temporary. It does not mean that we will be in this place forever.
2. Talk to someone you trust. Don’t let the worry or sadness build up. Instead of putting on a happy face, let someone know what you are really think or feeling. It doesn’t mean that we are being a burden. It doesn’t mean that we are weak. It means that we are real and strong enough to trust those around us. People who care for us want to be there for our good and bad days.
3. If you don’t have someone trusted to talk to then write it down. Writing it on paper can help clear your mind. It can help us be honest with what we are truly feeling.
4. Make it a point to do things that have brought you joy in the past. Keep it simple such as a walk in a park or spending time with friends. Distract yourself from your present worries or fears. Don’t let your negative circumstances be your only focus.
5. Life will change. Focus on changes you want to make and goals that you have. Think of this hard time in your life to be just that, a difficult time. It may not be a happy or comfortable time, but things aren’t hopeless. Change can and will happen!