EATING DISORDER TREATMENT
Why treatment matters
Eating disorders are mental illnesses with physical symptoms. They are serious and life-threatening. Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of all mental illnesses, but are not well-understood, even by many experienced clinicians. With treatment, prognosis for recovery is good. However, over 70% of individuals will not seek treatment due to stigma and lack of access to care.
How do you know if you struggle?
- If you experience distress when you look into the mirror
- If you wear large clothing to hide your shape
- If you have disordered eating or have been dieting to change your body
- If you avoid social situations or going into public because you feel embarrassed about your appearance
- If you feel preoccupied with thoughts about weight, shape, size, etc.
- If your self-talk about your appearance is critical or negative
Body image is what a person sees when the look into a mirror and how they judge what they see. To an extent, almost everyone struggles with liking some aspect of their appearance. For some individuals, this struggle is severe enough to impact daily life, eating behaviors, relationships, employment, etc.
Recovery IS Possible
If you or someone you care about struggles with an eating disorder, it is important to see a clinician who is knowledgeable in treating these illnesses. Quality treatment is available. Trina specializes in the treatment of eating disorders and body image issues. Trina has provided individual and group therapy to adolescents and adults in inpatient, residential, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and outpatient levels of care.
CONTACT US BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION